Sper·ma·toph·y·ta | \ ˌspərməˈtäfətə\
Definition of Spermatophyta
in some classifications
: a division of higher plants that is coordinate with Bryophyta and Pteridophyta and coextensive with the classes Gymnospermae and Angiospermae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game