Definition of Spanish ibex
: a European ibex (Capra pyrenaica) of rocky, often mountainous terrain of Spain and formerly southwestern France, Andorra, and Portugal that includes two extant subspecies (C. p. victoriae and C. p. hispanica) and two extinct subspecies (C. p. lusitanica and C. p. pyrenaica)
— called also Iberian ibex, Spanish wild goat— see pyrenean ibex
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game