Definition of Spanish flag
1 : a California rockfish (Sebastodes rubrivinctus) having conspicuous bands of red and creamy pink
2 : a West Indian fish (Gonioplectrus hispanus) of the family Serranidae with a bright-red body and yellow stripes along the head and back
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game