Definition of Spanish cedar
1 : any of several trees of the genus Cedrela especially : a tropical American tree (C. odorata)
2 : the fragrant wood of Spanish cedar much used for cigar boxes
— called also cigar-box cedar
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game