Definition of Spain
country in southwestern Europe that occupies most of the Iberian Peninsula and borders on the Atlantic Ocean (including the Bay of Biscay and the Gulf of Cadiz) and the Mediterranean Sea area 194,881 square miles (504,742 square kilometers), population 46,815,916
Note: Spain is a kingdom with Madrid as its capital.
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game