Definition of Spain
country in southwestern Europe that occupies most of the Iberian Peninsula and borders on the Atlantic Ocean (including the Bay of Biscay and the Gulf of Cadiz) and the Mediterranean Sea area 194,881 square miles (504,742 square kilometers), population 46,815,916
Note: Spain is a kingdom with Madrid as its capital.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game