South Sandwich Islandsgeographical name
Definition of South Sandwich Islands
islands of the South Atlantic southeast of South Georgia Island area 120 square miles (312 square kilometers)
Note: The South Sandwich Islands are administered as part of the British overseas territory called South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?