South Georgiageographical name
Definition of South Georgia
island in the South Atlantic east of Tierra del Fuego area 1450 square miles (3770 square kilometers)
Note: South Georgia is administered as part of the British overseas territory called South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands .
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?