Definition of Sothic cycle
: a period of 1460 Sothic years in the ancient Egyptian calendar being the time required for the beginning of the vague year of 365 days to return to its original place in relation to the sun after retrogressing through all the seasons
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?