So·ro·spo·rel·la | \ ˌsōrəspəˈrelə\
Definition of Sorosporella
: a genus of imperfect fungi (family Moniliaceae) parasitic on various insect larvae and characterized by abundant chlamydospore production and verticillate conidiophores forming nonseptate hyaline spores
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game