Son·chus | \ ˈsäŋkəs\
Definition of Sonchus
: a genus of Old World herbs (family Compositae) comprising the sow thistles and having coarse often spiny-tipped foliage, heads of yellow flowers, and ribbed achenes crowned with soft white pappus
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game