Definition of Somaliland
1 historical region of eastern Africa between the Equator and the Gulf of Aden that comprises Somalia, Djibouti, and the Ogaden region of eastern Ethiopia
2 self-proclaimed independent republic (since May 1991) in the northwestern part of Somalia roughly equivalent to the area that was once British Somaliland
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/22/19
- Is 'Positively' Positively Legal?
- The True Story of 'Realize' and 'Realise'
- Out to Sea with 'Wave' and 'Waive'
Ask the Editors
- Name that Food Quiz Take the quiz
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game