Slub·bi | \ ˈslu̇bē\
variants: or less commonly Solubbi \ səˈl- \ or Sloubbie \ ˈslu̇- \
plural Sleyb\ ˈslāb \ or Sulubba\ səˈlu̇bə \
Definition of Slubbi
: a member of a nomadic Arab people living in an area extending from Damascus to Mosul in the north and in the Tigris-Euphrates region above Baghdad
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Registering the Politics of 'Register'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/11/19
- Minding 'Never mind' and 'Nevermind'
- A Brief on 'Brief' and 'Debrief'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game