Sister of Loretto
Sister of Lo·ret·to | \ -ləˈret(ˌ)ō\
Definition of Sister of Loretto
: a member of a Roman Catholic community of nuns founded in 1812 at Loretto, Kentucky, and devoted to educational work and the care of orphans
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game