Si·pun·cu·loi·dea | \ (ˌ)sīˌpəŋkyəˈlȯidēə\
Definition of Sipunculoidea
1 : a group of marine worms of obscure systematic position that are commonly classed as a division of Gephyrea and that lack setae and have the mouth at the end of a retractile introvert similar to a proboscis and usually provided with tentacles and the anus anterior and dorsal
2 in some classifications
a : a group coextensive with Gephyrea
b : a class or other group comprising Sipunculoidea (see sense 1 above) and Priapuloidea
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?