Definition of Simeon
1 : a son of Jacob and the traditional eponymous ancestor of one of the tribes of Israel
2 : a devout man of Jerusalem held to have uttered the Nunc Dimittis on seeing the infant Jesus in the temple
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?