Si·lu·ri·dae | \ -rəˌdē\
Definition of Siluridae
: a family of catfishes formerly comprising most of the catfishes but now usually restricted to various freshwater fishes of Europe and Asia that differ from North American catfishes in having the adipose dorsal fin rudimentary or lacking and in having the anal fin long and more or less confluent with the eellike caudal fin
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game