Definition of Sikkim
former country in southeastern Asia on the southern slope of the Himalayas between Nepal and Bhutan and south of China (Tibet) area 2744 square miles (7107 square kilometers), population 610,577
Note: Since 1975 Sikkim has been a state of India with Gangtok as its capital.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?