Sic·king·ia | \ siˈkiŋēə\
Definition of Sickingia
: a genus of small or medium-sized Central and South American trees (family Rubiaceae) of which some yield usable timber and some are a source of red dyes and extracts of repute in local folk medicine especially as febrifuges and purgatives — see arariba
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game