Sha·gia | \ shəˈgēə\
plural Shagia or Shagias
Definition of Shagia
: a nomadic people of mixed Semitic origin inhabiting both sides of the Nile near the Third Cataract, speaking Arabic, and probably descended from invaders from Arabia about the 7th century
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?