Ser·ran·i·dae | \ -ranəˌdē\
Definition of Serranidae
: a large and widely distributed family of carnivorous marine percoid fishes having an oblong and more or less compressed body covered with ctenoid scales and including many important food and sport fishes especially of warm seas — see sea bass
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?