Definition of Separate Baptist
: a member of a Baptist sect organized in 1662 as the English Puritan Separate Baptist Church and migrating to America in 1695, being congregational in polity, and observing open communion, baptism by immersion, and foot washing
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game