Definition of Semi-Bantu
: a group of African languages sharing certain characteristics of the Bantu languages but excluded from them —used sometimes of the Central Branch of the Niger-Congo family exclusive of Bantu and sometimes of all west African languages with noun classes marked by prefixes
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game