Definition of Selaginellaceae
: a family of terrestrial chiefly tropical plants (order Lycopodiales) that resemble mosses, have branching stems and scalelike leaves which are many-ranked and uniform or 4-ranked and of 2 kinds spreading in 2 planes, and produce 1-celled sporangia which contain both megaspores and microspores — see selaginella
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game