Schwarz·schild radius | \ ˈshwȯrtˌshild-, ˈs(h)wȯrtsˌchīld-; ˈshvärtˌshilt-\
Definition of Schwarzschild radius
: the radius of the spherical boundary within which a given mass (as of a star) must collapse to become a black hole also : the distance of the event horizon from the center of a black hole
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?