Schrö·ding·er atom | \ ˈshrā|diŋər-, ˈshrə(r)|\
Definition of Schrödinger atom
: a conception of atomic structure in which a nucleus of positive electricity is embedded in and surrounded by concentric spherical shells of diffuse negative electricity
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game