Schoe·nus | \ ˈskēnəs\
Definition of Schoenus
: a genus of stout sedges (family Cyperaceae) chiefly Australasian but including a few from Europe and the warm or tropical parts of North America and having few-flowered spikelets in a spike or head, flowers without a perianth of bristles, and nutlets lacking a beak
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?