Schi·nop·sis | \ skə̇ˈnäpsə̇s\
Definition of Schinopsis
: a genus of South American deciduous to half-evergreen trees (family Anacardiaceae) with extremely hard heavy durable reddish to reddish brown heartwood that is an important source of tannins — see quebracho sense 1b
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game