Schi·ma | \ ˈskīmə\
Definition of Schima
: a small genus of East Indian and eastern Asian evergreen trees and shrubs (family Theaceae) that are sometimes cultivated in warm regions for their showy often fragrant white flowers
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game