Scene·des·mus | \ ˌsēnəˈdezməs, ˌsen-\
Definition of Scenedesmus
: a genus (the type of the family Scenedesmaceae of the order Chlorococcales) of colonial green algae having groups of four or eight or rarely sixteen ellipsoid, fusiform, or oblong cells arranged side by side and frequently with more or less conspicuous appendages especially on the two end cells
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game