Sax·if·ra·ga | \ sakˈsifrəgə\
Definition of Saxifraga
: a genus (the type of the family Saxifragaceae) of usually perennial herbs of diverse habit of arctic and temperate regions having pentamerous often showy flowers with a 2-celled ovary followed by a 2-beaked follicle and often having basal tufted leaves — see london pride
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
- ls ‘Series’ Singular or Plural?
- Triumph, Ovations and Other Words from Ancient Rome
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game