Sax·if·ra·ga | \ sakˈsifrəgə\
Definition of Saxifraga
: a genus (the type of the family Saxifragaceae) of usually perennial herbs of diverse habit of arctic and temperate regions having pentamerous often showy flowers with a 2-celled ovary followed by a 2-beaked follicle and often having basal tufted leaves — see london pride
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Registering the Politics of 'Register'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/11/19
- Minding 'Never mind' and 'Nevermind'
- A Brief on 'Brief' and 'Debrief'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game