Sar·ra·ce·ni·a·ce·ae | \ -ˌsēnēˈāsēˌē\
Definition of Sarraceniaceae
: a family of insectivorous plants (order Sarraceniales) having basal tubular leaves with a thin lamina like a wing at the inner margin and a hood or other appendage at the apex and large conspicuous pentamerous flowers
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game