variants: or less commonly Senussi \ səˈnüsē \
plural Sanusi or Sanusis also Senussi or Senussis
Definition of Sanusi
: a member of a Muslim brotherhood of North Africa founded in 1837 who observes a strict and ascetic type of Islamic orthodoxy combined with a militant aggressiveness in pursuance of political goals
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game