Santa Maria treenoun
San·ta Ma·ria tree | \ ¦santəmə¦rēə-\
Definition of Santa Maria tree
: an evergreen tropical American tree (Calophyllum calaba) that yields a durable straight close-grained timber and a fluid balsam like copaiba
— called also calaba
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game