Santa Isabelgeographical name
Definition of Santa Isabel
1 island of the western South Pacific Ocean in the east central Solomon Islands northeast of Guadalcanal area about 1500 square miles (3900 square kilometers)
2 — see malabo
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?