San Cristobalgeographical name (1)
Definition of San Cristobal
(Entry 1 of 2)
island of the western South Pacific in the southeastern Solomon Islands
San Cristóbalgeographical name (2)
Definition of San Cristóbal (Entry 2 of 2)
1 or Chatham Island island of Ecuador in the Galápagos population 1404
Note: San Cristóbal is in the Pacific just south of the Equator.
2 city in western Venezuela south-southwest of Lake Maracaibo population 220,697
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game