Definition of Sakha
autonomous republic of east central Russia in Asia bordering on the Laptev and East Siberian seas; capital Yakutsk area 1,198,146 square miles (3,103,198 square kilometers), population 958,528
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game