Saint-Si·mo·ni·an·ism | \ -ēəˌnizəm\
Definition of Saint-Simonianism
: a socialistic system in which the state owns all property and the laborer is entitled to share according to the quality and amount of his or her work
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game