Sag·e·re·tia | \ ˌsajəˈrēsh(ē)ə, -ētēə\
Definition of Sageretia
: a genus of American and Asiatic shrubs (family Rhamnaceae) having opposite branches, sometimes edible fruit, and opposite leaves that in a Chinese member (S. theezans) are used locally as a substitute for tea
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game