Sag·e·re·tia | \ ˌsajəˈrēsh(ē)ə, -ētēə\
Definition of Sageretia
: a genus of American and Asiatic shrubs (family Rhamnaceae) having opposite branches, sometimes edible fruit, and opposite leaves that in a Chinese member (S. theezans) are used locally as a substitute for tea
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game