Sac·cam·mi·na | \ səˈkamənə, saˈk- \
Definition of Saccammina
: a genus of foraminiferans having a thick arenaceous test often in the shape of a pear, spindle, or sphere, having survived from the Ordovician to the present time, and making up with their remains various Carboniferous strata
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game