São Tomégeographical name
Definition of São Tomé
1 island of western Africa in the Gulf of Guinea just north of the Equator population 180,000
Note: São Tomé is a constituent part of the country of São Tomé and Príncipe.
2 town on the northeast coast of São Tomé island that serves as national capital of São Tomé and Príncipe
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game