Ryukyu Islandsgeographical name
Definition of Ryukyu Islands
Note: The Ryukus belonged to Japan from 1895 to 1945 and were occupied by the U.S. in 1945. The northern islands were returned to Japan in 1953 and the southern islands in 1972.— see amami, okinawa, osumi islands, sakishima islands, tokara islands
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?