Rus·su·la | \ ˈrəsyələ\
Definition of Russula
: a large genus that comprises stout-stemmed white-spored fungi (family Agaricaceae) with neither annulus nor volva, includes some edible species, and may be distinguished from the related Lactarius by the absence of milky juice and by the brittle pileus of red, purple, yellow, green, or blue
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game