Ro·rip·pa | \ rȯˈripə \
Definition of Rorippa
: a large genus of chiefly weedy aquatic or marsh herbs (family Cruciferae) that have pinnate or pinnatifid leaves, yellow flowers, and terete pods with seeds in two rows in each cell and that include some forms used for salad greens or pot herbs — see marsh cress
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game