Ro·rip·pa | \ rȯˈripə\
Definition of Rorippa
: a large genus of chiefly weedy aquatic or marsh herbs (family Cruciferae) that have pinnate or pinnatifid leaves, yellow flowers, and terete pods with seeds in two rows in each cell and that include some forms used for salad greens or pot herbs — see marsh cress
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game