Rooseveltbiographical name (1)
Definition of Roosevelt
(Entry 1 of 4)
Rooseveltbiographical name (2)
Definition of Roosevelt (Entry 2 of 4)
Rooseveltbiographical name (3)
Definition of Roosevelt (Entry 3 of 4)
Theodore 1858–1919 26th president of the U.S. (1901–09)
Definition of Roosevelt (Entry 4 of 4)
river about 400 miles (644 kilometers) long in west central Brazil flowing from western Mato Grosso state north into the Aripuanã River
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game