Ro·get's spiral | \ (ˈ)rō¦|zhāz-, ˈräˈ|\
Definition of Roget's spiral
: an open helix of elastic wire that contracts in length when an electric current passes through it and thereby demonstrates the attraction of parallel currents
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game