River Brethrenplural noun
Definition of River Brethren
: members of a body of Christians formed about 1770 in Pennsylvania among Swiss and German immigrants, resembling the Mennonites in doctrines and practices, and now divided into the Brethren in Christ, the Yorker Brethren, and the United Zion Church
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?