Definition of Risso's dolphin
: a dolphin (Grampus griseus) widely distributed in temperate and tropical seas that has a blunt snout, a rounded forehead, and teeth in the lower jaw only Risso's dolphins, which have small mouths and large foreheads, are deep ocean divers that stay offshore and are rarely seen close to shore.— Peter Fimrite
— called also grampus
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game