Definition of Richelieu
(Entry 1 of 2)
Duc de 1585–1642 Armand-Jean du Plessis French cardinal and statesman
Definition of Richelieu (Entry 2 of 2)
river 210 miles (338 kilometers) long in southern Quebec, Canada, flowing north from Lake Champlain to the head of Lake Saint Peter in the Saint Lawrence River
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game