Rhi·zo·po·gon | \ ˌrīzəˈpōˌgän\
Definition of Rhizopogon
: a genus of fungi (family Hymenogastraceae) that produce subterranean sporophores resembling tubers with 2-spored to 8-spored basidia in a compact gleba of irregular chambers
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game